Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:36:09 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 06:47:21 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:47:33 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:36:56 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Speaking of military, I just finished John Ringo's _Hell's Faire_ and
am sure glad you pointed out the Sluggy Freelance cartoon to me when
you did. The references in that were absolutely hilarious. GREAT
book! BunBun did, indeed, ROCK!

Btw...there will occasionally show up in military scifi, reference to
March of Cambreath.

Yes, it was referred to and briefly described in _Hell's Faire_.
P.S: Don't forget the "d" in "Cambreadth".

Its a mp3. If you dont have it...Id be happy to send it to you..for
reference purposes only of course.

Yeah, when the fighting comes to me, that's the only way to fight.

I found the lyrics. Do I _have_ to listen to it?

Of course! It puts fire in your blood, as all music with martial
pipes does. Plus Heather Alexander has a marvelous voice.

I did and found him, um, her when she recorded it, um, the voice OK.
http://www.library.beau.org/lib/eboo..._Alexander.htm
Yeah, the song does have a lilt to it with the pipes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Alexander She wasn't bad (but
certainly -not- the supermodel type) as a girl, but she makes a truly
UGLY guy.

I found Ringo's poems-to-start-chapters a bit tiring, but his writing
and humor were fabulous. I picked up a lot of 7 of his books and am
having a great time reading them.

No poetry in your heart eh?

Only when I'm alone with a beautiful woman, and then only sparingly.
Other than that, I limit myself to alliteration and lymericks.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.