Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default Link to Bosch oven circuit diagram anyone?

"spamlet" wrote in message
Hi all,

After some searching I have been able to get a replacement oven bottom
element for our Bosch HBN6450GB/02 cooker.

It turns out that the replacement is of a sturdier design than the
original, which looks promising, but a closer look at the spec leaves me a
little puzzled, and I hope the experienced among you can explain.

Bosch site's exploded diagrams seem to leave out the electrics, otherwise,
perhaps I wouldn't need to ask...

The assembly has an inner and outer ring, and four contacts in a line.
Wires are white; red; brown; orange, and were originally connected in that
order looking from the back of the oven.

What is confusing is that the inner ring is marked as 86/75V, but when I
check the leads, they seem to be 250V throughout.

Have I got another problem elsewhere that has upped my 75V contacts, or is
there some peculiarity of this particular model, that lets it run above
the element rating?

For some time before the final failure of the old element - the inner,
'75V' ring being the one that failed - the oven had had the very
irritating habit of 'resetting itself to 150 deg'. 150 on the display is
where it rests even with no element, so presumably it just meant the
circuit was intermittently going open as the element deteriorated.

Anyone know where a DIYer can get a look at the necessary diagrams or
service manual?

Much obliged for any light the experienced here can throw on this
situation.

Cheers,

The markings you have found will not be voltage ratings. They are some
other marking.

The elements will operate from standard 240v AC.

Just replace the wires in the same sequence ( so the same wires connect to
the outer element, and the same ones to the inner element. )

The issue with the 150 degrees is likely a seperate issue.

--
Ron