Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Vacuum Excavators [was; Digging out crawl space - Power tools?]

RicodJour wrote:
[vacuum excavators]

-snip-

But they are becoming more available at rental yards and they
certainly have a lot of advantages. Some of the machines have a
reverse flow feature where the excavated material can be deposited
elsewhere on the site or in a truck/dumpster so the machine can keep
going.
http://www.constructionequipment.com...oID=1283221977

Got a video of one in action? I've called a couple rental places &
haven't found one to look at yet. [near Schenectady, NY]

But this might be the answer to my '10' trencher' question I asked
about on a.h.r a couple weeks ago.

I don't need fast- but I need to dig a 10' long horizontal hole about
4-6" in diameter- then 'elongate' the hole vertically down 7-8 feet.
The soil is hardpan clay.

Jim