Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default epoxy for masonry use

Tim wrote:
I am adding a few masonry blocks to the top exterior wall corners of my
home. They will be setting directly on top of existing masonry block
construction..probably 2 or 3 each way at the corner for a
Spanish/territorial style affect. The city inspector says I should take
about a 24" piece of rebar at each corner and drill into the existing block
base...epoxy the rebar into the corner section...and add the two short
'steps' of new block over/around the rebar corner anchor.

What he didn't say was what type of epoxy to use...HB and Lowes only have
these little ...looks like one shot...tubes ?

Anyone know what type of epoxy...?...and can I buy it in like a quart or
gallon size set up rather than 3 or 4 dozen of these little 'applicator
tubes'

Thanks, Tim R

Try your preferred phone listings for masonry suppliers or
concrete products. I always get mine from Eagle Concrete
Products, but of course, I don't have any idea where you are located.

Epoxy for masonry comes in a variety of styles and containers,
from 2-part caulk guns (which requires a $150 caulk gun) to
single tube with two parts and a mixing nozzle, to 5 gallon
buckets with another bucket of catalyst. And those buckets have
flowable, trowelable mixtures.

Real stores have real variety. Home stores just have popular
selections.

Here are a few of them:

http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con-prod-app-ermbs.htm

--