Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Recession is a given. Can we avoid a Bush Depression?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 3:12 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
posting stripped to RCM only

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 9:27 am, reinhardt wrote:
On Mar 24, 5:15 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

The jury is out on this one....

What do you think?

TMT

Recession is a given. Can we avoid depression?

Why avoid one when that was desired goal to begin with?

Do you know how financially reasonable depression labor is?

Actually your comment does make sense.

No it doesn't.

If one wants to level the world labor market in respect to costs, one
must lower the United States labor costs to Third World levels.

No one wants to level the world market. They want the low-wage
countries

make the goods, and the high-wage countries to buy them. That's how one
makes the most profit.

--
Ed Huntress

That's good thinking until the "high-wage" countries no longer have the
money to buy products due to no longer having high wage jobs, which went
overseas and are now done by low-wage workers. Who also aren't paid
enough
money to buy the products. At that point it's uh oh, who's going to buy
all
this stuff?

Hawke

Somebody else. The Chinese are looking around as we speak, but I doubt if
anyone will exceed the size of the US market for at least another decade.
Except, perhaps, the Chinese themselves. That will be a good thing when it
happens.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

The Euro is in demand for a reason.

Yup. It's riding high right now.

The United States is the consumer it once was.

You probably mean "isn't the consumer it once was." Unfortunately, that
isn't true, but it would be a good thing if it were.

It likely will not be ever again...we have bills to pay and more coming
due.

Dr. Gloom and Doom, we will get through it.

--
Ed Huntress