Steve Knight

Default Dust and Noise

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:23:15 -0500, Lawrence A. Ramsey
wrote:

Steve, I beg to differ. Look at your house. If you want to hear
EVERYTHING that goes on in the next room, leave the wall space empty.
If you want to deaden it, build a double stud wall staggered and weave
fiberglass insulation between. Used it in an college athletic dorm and
it works great! But merely empty space is NOT a sound barrier.

when I mean dead air space I don't just mean one space. remember all the
sheetrock and studs are tied together and transmit sound.
Yes I know about it because I studied acoustics when I was a recording
engineer. one of the primary sound deadening methods is to build two walls that
don't touch.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes