Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Crack in Basement Floor Seeping Water

Kevin G. wrote:
Hello,

I have just discovered that my basement floor has a 3-foot long crack
in it. This crack has begun to seep water through it slowly. The
crack "starts" from a PVC pipe that is in a vertical direction which
is used as my washing machine's drain. On the other side of the crack
(but not directly where the crack ends), there is a drain that goes
under my basement floor.

Is it possible that there is a pipe underneath my basement floor that
connects the drain to this PVC pipe that may have burst? If there is
a pipe and it has burst, would applying that basement floor/wall
crack patch stuff (and then sealant) fix the problem? Or, should I
use a jackhammer to get to that pipe and replace the pipe and then re-
apply concrete to the area? Any other suggestions?

I can send pictures to anyone who wants to see the damage.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

I'd have the pipe scoped to determine whether it is actually a pipe
issue or simply a high water table. the fix will depend on which
problem you have.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.