Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

On Apr 3, 6:00*pm, exray wrote:
Jay Ts wrote:

snip
I've used 'alternative' solder. *I could live with it if need be.

*It
handles differently but geez, I think the fumes would kill me

faster
than eating a pound of lead solder everyday at tea. *I've never

heard
the proponents addressing the wicked fumes of the 'better' solder.

-Bill (63/37)

You mean the fumes from the flux. You don't believe you're breathing
solder vapors, do you? In the 40+ years I've been using solder, I
doubt I've used 5 lbs and I do quite a bit of soldering.

GG