Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Help--I need a new newsreader

Tanus wrote:
Old Guy wrote:
I've been using Google Groups, but it has no filters.

I'm tired of sorting out the legitimate posts from the spam.

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) news reader that will
work with Windows Vista?

I'm not really a bit-head, so installation needs to be close to point
and click.

Thanks, and will be seeing you...

Old Guy

As someone else has mentioned, you'll also need a news server. Many you
have to pay for, but I use a free one called aioe.org. It's not perfect,
but I don't see a lot of spam in the Wreck. So it does some filtering.
Whatever reader you settle on ( I also use Thunderbird from mozilla.org)
can help you with what aioe lets through.

I used Netscape 7 for main years because of the browser and email. As
previously said Netscape died. I Installed FireFox and Thunderbird. I
have been very satisfied with both. I also installed the Thunderbird
Lightening addin Again I am very satisfied.

Both work in ways like like the old Netscape.