Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Help--I need a new newsreader

Puckdropper wrote in
:

Old Guy wrote in
news:7ae265af-e63d-43a0-8a31-6e447b8971ee@
13g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

I've been using Google Groups, but it has no filters.

I'm tired of sorting out the legitimate posts from the spam.

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) news reader that will
work with Windows Vista?

I'm not really a bit-head, so installation needs to be close to point
and click.

Thanks, and will be seeing you...

Old Guy

I like Xnews... but you don't need just a new newsreader. You need a
news provider to use with the newsreader. Your ISP may provide NNTP
access, or if they're like Wildblue they'll dump you off to Google
Groups.

Puckdropper

I would second the vote for Xnews. I used to use Netscape version 5 or
so, but then it got sucky. For me Xnews was closest to what I was used
to. It is free.

See also news.software.readers for help.

I use Verizon's newsserver (FiOS).

--
Best regards
Han