Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob Morden Rob Morden is offline

Default Metal- Colchester lube

When I got my Colchester I called the Mobil oil dealer (actually MSC)
and asked them for equivalent. I was ordering it from them too.

Now I'm wondering if I wrote down which was which or if I'm going to
have to call again when I top up the feed gearbox which leaks a bit

I have to call for the oil for the EE10 anyway. I think these old
lathes are like shapers, once you buy one they seem to proliferate if
you aren't really careful.

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:02:09 -0500, Ignoramus18496

On 2008-04-03, T.Alan Kraus wrote:
I have a new to me lathe, a 70's Colchester-Clausing VS13. The manual
specifies Shell Tellus 37 oil for the headstock reservoir and Shell
Tonna T68 for the apron. I think i can put Vactra 2 into the apron and
be compatible, but what works for the headstock? And further it came
with no center for the spindle. It has D1-4 camlock. What is the
internal taper, Morse 5 ? Manual does not specify.

Try calling Clausing.