Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Plans to build a Trailer for a Motorcycle to tow?

Larry Kraus wrote:

Getting OT here, but FWIW...

I've been trying to track down a slight ATF leak on my 2000 Camry 4cyl
with A140E transaxle. Clear red spots on the garage floor, about two
inches diameter, whenever the car is parked.

That car uses ATF in the power steering unit as well. How does the
P/S reservior level look?
Also how about checking the connections to the tranny cooler section
of the radiator?

Dipstick shows full after
a year of this with no topping off. I searched through the factory
service manual and found reference in the maintenance schedule to
check differential fluid level, (separate item from checking ATF
level) but found no mention anywhere as to how or where to do this.

My understanding was that the dipstick for the transmission proper
also measured the differential level on the 2000.

My
previous RWD cars had a simple plug mounted vertically on the rear
diff cover, that were considered full when the oil ran out of the
filler hole. So I looked on the back side of the Camry diff housing
and found a similar plug. When I removed it, 80-90 weight gear oil
oozed out.

That is wierd!

I think (maybe a mistake) that this same transaxle was used for the
4cyl Camry from 1997 thru 2001.

--Winston