WALT K

Default Getting a bit straight in a cordless drill keyless chuck

this is kinda hard to describe in words but here goes

I am right handed I hold the drill in my right hand pointing up

drop the drill in the chuck I have My left thumb and fore finger on
the drill bit I touch the trigger to get the drill turning slow
I let My fore finger and thumb align the drill at teh same time I
am squeezeing the chuck bock with my pinkie and ring finger ti
ghetn up the chuck when it all looks good I stop the drill moter and
finish tightening by hand

thsi is just a reflex action I had to stop and think about the steps
to write it down
its something you just have to see
try it with a wooden dowl til you get the hang of it so you don't
chew up your hands

DAMHIKT (dont Ask Me How I Know this )

On 17 Jul 2003 08:55:03 -0700, (Daniel) wrote:

Hello,

Just wondering - how easy is it to mount a known-straight bit or rod
straight into a keyless chuck?

I usually have to loosen-adjust-retighten the bit into the chuck maybe
a half dozen times before a brad point spins straight without
noticeable wobble at the bit tip.

The drill I'm using is a Makita MForce 14.4v with 1/2in Rohm chuck
(6337DWDE). It's new.

Thanks!

- Daniel