Posted to rec.woodworking
Colin B.[_2_] Colin B.[_2_] is offline

Default Help--I need a new newsreader

StephenM wrote:
That's all a perfectly good justification for an anti-MS
religion/philosophy.

Yes, yes it is. I'm pretty comfortable with that.

My desktop will be Windows-based for the foreseeable future for practical,
not philisophical reasons.

Understood. My wife is an AutoCAD instructor, and AutoCAD doesn't run on
anything else. I'm fully in favour of practicality winning over philosophy
in most situations.

OE is still pretty decent newsreader.

Well...no. It's not. All philosophical rants aside, it's just not a good
newsreader or mail client. It's slow, buggy, unstable, badly organised,
and encourages bad posting behaviour.

But that's all I'll say on the issue here. Suffice to say, I recommend
Thunderbird as a usenet client to anyone. (Even though I'm a profound
luddite, and use tin :-)

Colin