Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Help--I need a new newsreader

"Leon" wrote

Oh good gosh, if Microsoft were not so easy to hack, Apple or Unix would

be
the next "easy" target. Be glad your job is to work with a less sought
after target. If Microsoft and it's inept abilities to curb spam were to
disappear tomorrow your job would become a nightmare 3 or 4 weeks later.
The next most popular OS would be the target just like Microsoft is now.

While I never really bought into that argument because of the inherent
difficulty of propagating malicious code at root level on a properly
administered 'nix box, I do thank MSFT for the ubiquity of modern _PERSONAL_
computing, in spite of itself.

I was on the corporate side of the game when IBM was basically the only show
in town and I $hudder to think of the cost of those days.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08