Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] friendsofderek@googlemail.com is offline

Default Emulsion shelf life?

On Apr 3, 6:35 pm, Rob wrote:
I was given a 5L pot of Laura Ashley (no less) paint that's been opened
but almost full.

The can says 'use within 6 months of purchase' and indeed google
searches tend to repeat this. The paint is about 4 years old - as long
as it's taken me to get around to think about using it ;-)

What's the worst that can happen? I don't understand how paint can
degrade. Should I just chuck it and buy some more?

Thanks, Rob

I've touched up with paint thats older without any hassle but i've not
painted a full wall.

A painter advised me to always store cans of paint upside down as the
paint kept better. ( after properly resealing of course)

Fod