Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Help--I need a new newsreader

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:58:03 GMT, "Colin B."
wrote:

Old Guy wrote:
I've been using Google Groups, but it has no filters.

I'm tired of sorting out the legitimate posts from the spam.

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) news reader that will
work with Windows Vista?

I'm not really a bit-head, so installation needs to be close to point
and click.

Thanks, and will be seeing you...

Years ago I would have said use Forte Free Agent, but it has been
discontinued.

I'm using it as I type. Do you mean that the free version is not
available for new suscribers?

It does not, however, have filters in the free version.

Probably your best bet is to use Thunderbird for both
usenet and mail.

Ironically, one of the first things you might want to do when you leave
Google Groups is filter out all posts from @google.com. That's where 90%
of the usenet spam is coming from these days.

Colin