Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 01:57:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

I was at Westec yesterday

DAMN, I missed it again. Whoa, it all fit into Kentia Hall and the
two connected buildings? It was literally stuffed into 6 or 7
buildings when Terry and I went in 2000 or 2001. It shrunk by 70%?

http://www.sme.org/cgi-bin/get-event...7-020727--SME-

and watched sales of somewhere in the order of $14 million..million
dollars worth of machine tools, most to small machine shops

They are claiming they are so busy right now, that they need more
capacity.

If the economy is in the ****ter, who is buying all the parts?

With some larger corporate machine shops going out of business or
shifting their mfg centers overseas, much of the fallout is to the
little guys, ah reckon. There are lots of companies, myself included,
who won't outsource offshore, ever. When those large corporations
moved, not all their customers were happy.

Most of the guys I talked to are NOT doing military stuff

Speaking of military, I just finished John Ringo's _Hell's Faire_ and
am sure glad you pointed out the Sluggy Freelance cartoon to me when
you did. The references in that were absolutely hilarious. GREAT
book! BunBun did, indeed, ROCK!

--
That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
-- Henry David Thoreau