Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak Tournifreak is offline

Default Replacing wooden floor in garden shed?

On Apr 3, 11:31*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 00:50:34 -0700 (PDT), Tournifreak wrote:
OK, how about this: Rather than have a wooden floor which will always
be susceptible to rot, have a stone-chip floor instead.

Interesting idea.

No problems with drainage

Depends entirely on the drainage of the ground, it would probably be OK up
here but in other places heavy rain produces standing water.

Also I can imagine the humidty in the shed being rather high due to
evaporation of damp from the soil/chips. Not good for tools or machinery
stored in there...

Ah, but the poor quality of my constuction is such that there will be
plenty of ventilation, probably between the roof and the walls. :-)

Jon.