Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:07:57 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 1, 1:03*pm, "Hawke" Oh yeah, it's the media that has fooled
everyone into believing that things
are ****ty. It has nothing to do with the $3.50 a gallon gasoline, or the
run up in prices for food, or all the stories of people losing jobs, or the
news about the huge losses in the financial sector and credit markets, or
the 12% decline in the stock market, or the continuing rise in health care
costs, not to mention all the foreclosures and the huge losses in the value
of everyone's homes. Yep, I think it's just a myth people are buying into
that things are declining. I mean look at the facts. Things are great,
right?

Hawke

Things are always bad for some of the people. They seem great for me
right now. Declines in housing and the stockmarket only count if you
are selling. I don't have a job, so can't lose that. Planning on
having a larger garden this year and selling what I can't eat.
And it looks like Hillary will not get the D. nomination. Can hardly
get better than that.

Dan

I was at Westec yesterday

http://www.sme.org/cgi-bin/get-event...7-020727--SME-

and watched sales of somewhere in the order of $14 million..million
dollars worth of machine tools, most to small machine shops

They are claiming they are so busy right now, that they need more
capacity.

If the economy is in the ****ter, who is buying all the parts?

Most of the guys I talked to are NOT doing military stuff

Gunner