Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Plans to build a Trailer for a Motorcycle to tow?

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

I suspect it was most likely wear just north of the axles.
He didn't say there was anything particularly wrong between the torque converter and the
differential, so I *assume* that bit survived.

In that case, it sounds like you just got a bum nut from the factory.
They'd usually last 1/4 million miles. Look in your owner's manual
for the towing specs and don't exceed them in the future.

Go in fourth and sin no more. Got it.
I buy ex-rental cars so I expect their first 30K miles to be 'rough'.

And for moving, hire college kids with a bigass truck. It's cheaper in
the long run, easier on the old bod, and LOTS faster.

Nuh Uh. Lost an impact wrench, some drill bits and prolly other stuff when I did that.
Can't remember the name http://www.ssmovers.com/ of the outfit though.

--Winston