Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Obama's New America?

I heard a term on WRAL tv 5, Raleigh, NC, tonight (11:00 pm news EDT)that I was not familiar with and Googled, "Obama's New America" with the quotes and without.

He's been talking about a presidency of "change" so perhaps that's where the "New America" comes in.

Why is this "important" to me? I just happen to have a book by Michael A. Smith which I have yet to read, "NEW AMERICA", published in 1999. I picked it up because I read the paperback by the same author, "Jeremiah: Terrorist Prophet" and found it a bit "interesting" to say the least. I felt it could be a subtle attempt at discrediting the prophet who wrote one of the books of the Old Testament. It has been some time since I read it and don't recall exactly what it was about except that it dealt with a terrorist and was a very fast paced novel.

I wonder if anyone has read Smith's "New America" and if you see any parallels with what Obama might have in mind for America. I don't know when I might get around to reading my copy - hardback.

Something to think about.

Any feedback or review is appreciated.

Al