Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tmurf.1@juno.com is offline

Default Has anyone been successful installing tile over counter laminate?

On Mar 25, 1:30*pm, rick wrote:
I have a rental where the tenants have used kitchen knifes on the
countertop instead of a cutting board. I would like to install ceramic
tile.

Has anyone had success installing directly over counter laminate
without removing
the countertop substrate? I am afraid of damage to the cabinets in
trying *to remove
the existing countertop. I have seen suggestions regarding roughing up
laminate to
provide a more porus surface. Any suggestions, or help.

Tennants are assholes. I think you are smart to try for durability.
Choose your tile wisely because they won't take care of it any more
than the laminate.