Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Depth of footings for porch

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:18:49 -0700, Big_Jake wrote:

On Apr 1, 11:41 am, franz fripplfrappl wrote:
Thinking about replacing an old porch this summer. Central Wisconsin.

What is recommended depth for footings of corner posts?

I am in SE Wisconsin, and I believe that my local inspector made me go
42" deep here, but it could have been 48". Should be about the same for
you in Central WI, but you should probably verify with your local
building dept. I would be willing to bet that it will be 48" or 54".

JK

Code is 48". This is very sandy soil. If solid sand, perhaps 42".