Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Apr 2, 9:10*am, "Ed Huntress"

That's an aside, however. What I was commenting on was that Lott used
two
different explanations of recession -- one to indicate that the 2001
recession actually started earlier than claimed, and a different one to
indicate we aren't in a recession now. --
Ed Huntress

Looking at the data, we did not have a recession in 2000 or 2001.
Three quarters of negative growth out of five quarters, but no two
negative growth quarters in a row. So maybe more jitter than trend.

But he does have a point in that there is a lot of discussion about
recession now in the media, and we may not have even one quarter of
negative growth this year or next. I suspect it is not so much caused
by a liberal trend by the media. More likely just the media acting as
a herd. The economy in Washington State is still doing pretty well.
House prices have quit rising, but have not dropped much.
Unemployment is low and the jobs are more tech than McDonalds.

Dan