Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Saw for chipboard floors etc.?

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:36:26 +0000, George wrote:

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:51:28 +0100, oh wrote:

Hi all,

does anyone know about any powertools like this one, that's capable of
cutting flooring chipboard?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Exakt-Saw-PE2299/

It only cuts up to 12mm and I think the standard chipboard floors are
22mm, right?

Thanks in advance!

==================================
If you mean for cutting and laying flooring then a basic corded circular
saw is adequate. Look at www.machinemart.co.uk for ideas. If you want to
cut access holes in an existing floor then a jigsaw (with pre-drilled hole
for blade) will do.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Well why not screwfix? Machinemart is quite expensive

No particular reason (not to use Screwfix) - just for the general idea, as
I said. There's no shortage of circular saws, but the tool about which the
OP enquired would seem to totally unsuitable for the kind of job he is
planning, and that's why I referred him to a well-known catalogue.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux