Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

On Apr 2, 8:06�am, BillGill wrote:
Bill wrote:
The crawl space in my 80 year old house has about a foot of space in it. I
need to dig it out so I can get in there and do some work.

Are there any power tools or equipment which I can rent which will make this
easier?

I suppose I could find a conveyor belt for dirt removal. But what about the
digging part?

A few years ago on HomeTime on PBS they did that. �They did it by lying on
their stomachs and shoveling it into a tub that was pulled out with a
rope. �The tub was a flat oblong with sloping ends, kind of like a sled.
I think it might have been a mortar tub.

But basically I think you are talking about a lot of work. �Good luck.

Bill Gill

easier to jack up the home and dig out a proper basement.... with the
proper ,imi excavators etc........

dont forget you will need new foundation supports..........

footers etc