JackD

Default Getting a bit straight in a cordless drill keyless chuck

Your chuck is crooked. I think that one in a hundred times I get a drill bit
chucked wrong the first time. Typically only on a tiny bit too. This is true
for all of the dozens of drills I have used. 6 times is ridiculous.
If it is new, take it back.

-Jack

"Daniel" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Just wondering - how easy is it to mount a known-straight bit or rod
straight into a keyless chuck?

I usually have to loosen-adjust-retighten the bit into the chuck maybe
a half dozen times before a brad point spins straight without
noticeable wobble at the bit tip.

The drill I'm using is a Makita MForce 14.4v with 1/2in Rohm chuck
(6337DWDE). It's new.

Thanks!

- Daniel