Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:57:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 1, 9:46 am, "Ed Huntress" Yet, as any economist knows, a
recession is two
consecutive quarters of negative growth, and we haven't even had one
single quarter of negative growth reported.

--
Ed Huntress

As I understand it, GDP did not decline in the fourth quarter of
2007. I could not find any hard data for the first quarter of 2008,
but even if the GDP did decline in the first quarter, a official
recession could not be declared until after the second quarter showed
a decline. So it will be at least July before one can say we are in a
recession. And the predictions I saw on the internet are for the GDP
growth to be small but positive.

So I did not understand what you were saying.

Dan

He means the water is pouring in through the holes at the other
end of the boat from where he is setting....

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and