Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recession a Media created myth...

On Apr 1, 9:46 am, "Ed Huntress" Yet, as any economist knows, a
recession is two
consecutive quarters of negative growth, and we haven't even had one
single quarter of negative growth reported.

--
Ed Huntress

As I understand it, GDP did not decline in the fourth quarter of
2007. I could not find any hard data for the first quarter of 2008,
but even if the GDP did decline in the first quarter, a official
recession could not be declared until after the second quarter showed
a decline. So it will be at least July before one can say we are in a
recession. And the predictions I saw on the internet are for the GDP
growth to be small but positive.

So I did not understand what you were saying.

Dan