Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default Plans to build a Trailer for a Motorcycle to tow?

I'd spend some time at motorcycle shows, and get ideas from commercially
made trailers...

"RainLover" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

I want to build a trailer that my motorcycle can tow. I'm hoping to
create it from aluminum, but I've never built ANY trailer and any and
all (well, most all) suggestions from the group would be gladly
accepted.

I'm unsure about the axle / wheel set up for something this small and
finding a pre-made trailer that I could modify is nearly impossible
without spending a fortune.

This trailer will be a flatbed approximately 2 1/2 feet wide and 5'
long. I suspect I'll never be carrying more than 250 pounds on it.

I'm a sculptor and sometimes I need to head to a gallery 300 miles
away... so, I thought, why drive my 6000 pound truck when I can ride
my 45 mpg motorcycle.

Thanks!

James, Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth

www.jameskelseystudios.com