Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default French Drain through Load Bearing Wall?

On 2 Apr 2008 04:50:04 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article ,
aemeijers says...

I still say water should be redirected or stopped outside the basement
perimeter. If that can't be done without heroic measures, well, maybe
that was a bad place to put a house/basement. (

It's never been explained here that I've seen - exactly **why** is an exterior
perimeter drain preferable to an interior tile drain??

I can think of 2 reasons offhand-[from personal experience]- lower
humidity in the basement, and less chance of filling the block up with
water & 'rotting' them.

Jim