Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ilovechristina2004@gmail.com is offline

Default Pioneer CT-F1250 Half-Working

Just bought a Pioneer CT-F1250 off Ebay, I've alway's wanted one.
(Got it cheap for about $150 because of a misspelling in the listing
title) When I got it, the belts were slipping (not a big deal, those
are easily replaceable). However, it also seems like none of the EQ's
(Ie: Bias, Tapes Selection Type, etc.) are working. The lights for
those selectors dont light up and the sound doesn;'t change at all
when adjusting these. The unit has a very dull sound when playing
tapes, so I'm guessing there's a failed component controlling the EQ's
that needs replacing. I don't see a fuse in this thing, which mean
whatever needs replacing will require soldering. (Not a big deal, but
fuses are a little less tedious). Any quick ideas before I send this
thing (that was described in great working condition) back to the
seller for a refund? Any more details I need to provide? Your help is
greatly appreciated. thanks.