Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting -Solutions?

Thanks, good idea with the wax paper. Would applying the wax as a short
terms solution cause any potential issues do you think?

Depends on the underlying issue. If the paint isn't dry it will take
longer to fully dry with coatings on top. Wax paper or wax could leave
impressions from heavy objects if the paint is still wet. Possibly use a
de-humidifier and some heat.
Others here seem to have more experience with this issue. I'd consider
the paint defective, I don't have that problem with the paints I use.
In my experience with paints, oil based take longer to dry but aren't
tacky after 4 days of drying. Oil does take up to 30 days to dry fully,
and I try not to apply further coatings before fully dry if project time
permits. Water based can be non-tacky within 30 minutes, fully dry in
48hrs. I have limited experience, usually airbrush or art, I generally
use shellacs and waxes on woodcrafts.