Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Grossbohlin John Grossbohlin is offline

Default Cherry Tray

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
| John Grossbohlin wrote:
|
| Seems the tray will only hold dust... I made as a gift for my
| mother and she refuses to put anything in it. ;~)
|

| Sometimes when I make someone something, and I supect they think that
| it's just so nice they don't want to "ruin" it by actually using it, I
| make them promise to actually USE it for what it was intended for.
|
| Reminds me of something that happened years ago. A kid was asking me
| what I can make out of wood. I told him I can make anything out of
| wood. He asked... "Can you make a bike?"
|
| Ok, *almost* anything ;-)
|
| Joe Barta

This didn't surprise me as my mother has the beverage tray I made in junior
high school, nearly 40 years ago, and it has NEVER been used. It sits on the
dining room hutch with her other treasures. A few weeks ago she gave me the
original mimeographed plans for the tray... she had them tucked away in the
hutch along with my grade school report cards and letters I sent from summer
camp! In these days of electronic communications and digital photos it is
unlikely that 40 years from now parents could pull things like that out for
their children...

John