Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Taming my Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:53:23 +0000, LRod wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:20:04 -0800, "JOE MOHNIKE"
wrote:

Also you should use the RAS on a push not a pull.

That is not correct for a RAS. Always pull the carriage from its
position behind the fence. Yes, it's a climb cut. Yes, that's how it
was designed. No, it's not difficult to manage.

That was a really hard concept for me at first.. Totally backwards from a table
saw...
You sure appreciate it, though, when something binds and the work is forced
against the fence and not shot out the front..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing