Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Back To Indexable Tooling(AXA)

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Mar 31, 6:54 pm, Gerald Miller wrote:

Look at a wood plane. It is an example of positive rake. The
metalworking
equivalent of negative rake would be to flip the blade and run plane
backwards.
Wes

Or a scraper.

NOPE - a cabinet makers scraper, properly prepared, actually has a
high degree of positive rake, even if only for a very short distance.
Jim Wilkins

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada-

I haven't seen anyone properly burnish a scraper edge since jr high
school wood shop in the '50's. The scrapers we can buy now at HD are
only good for removing paint.

Buy a Sandvik hand scraper. It's made just right for turning over the edge
and burnishing. I also have some Stanleys, but they aren't as hard.

--
Ed Huntress