Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Lowes "Cabinet Grade" hardwood plywood

(Almost) Every time I go into Lowes or Home Depot and ask a question,
I wind up asking the fellow (the lladies don't seem to fall into this
category) "What are the three (3) most important words in retail?"

This, after listening to his answer to my initial question only to
realize - sometimes after a full minute or more of "answer -" that he
doesn't have a clue and is fabricating his answer out of whole cloth
based upon his six months' experience ar Lowes or HD (or Staples,
Office Depot, the list goes on) and two recent "Product Classes" he
attended much as he did his High School Calculus.

"No, what are they," is the typical response - or words to that
effect.

To which I reply, "the three most important words in Retail are I,
don't, know." Excuse the contraction - never noticed that 'till now.

And, I follow it up with "The next (four) most important words to
learn and practice are "But I'll find out."

They seldom do

On Mar 30, 8:02 pm, depictureboy wrote:
Well I was in BORG yesterday and Lowes today checking out their
hardwood plywood. My local borg has C-3 Oak and Birch Ply for 46 bucks
a sheet. Lowes has "Cabinet Grade" maple/birch and oak ply for 47. NO
edgestamps on the plywood to really tell me about grades. So I ask the
guys loading it up, what the grade is since there is no edge stamp,
and they look at me like I am dumb..."Everything you need to know is
on that placard" Um no. "Well cabinet grade means its top of the
line"..Erm well is it AA, A, B CD or E? "Huh? I says cabinet grade
thats the best". Sigh....