Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rayhaun@hotmail.com is offline

Default Increasing shower water pressure

On Mar 31, 2:53 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi,
I am planning on installing a portable shower and the overhead water
tank is just one foot above the shower head. I need to know how can I
increase the water pressure at the shower end without the use of any
pump.
Could this be acheived by increasing the shower line piping dia ?
Please see my diagram for referrance:
http://rayhaun75.googlepages.com/SHOWER.jpg
Please advise...............shall be very grateful to you.

Regards
Rehan

The only way to increase pressure is to lower the shower head or raise the
tank considerably or add a pump. The pressure is what it is and increasing
line size does nothing to pressure, but increases flow. You can pressurize
the tank, but that is just an air pump instead of a water pump.

I forgot, you can increase the gravitational pull of the earth too.

Thanks Edwin, I really appreciate it, will do as advised.