Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default winder

wrote in news:be3f8fcc-5303-4169-a6dd-
:

Does anyone have or know where to get plans to make a yarn ball
winder. My wife is into knittingand I would like to try to make one if
I can. I have plans for a yarn swift already.

Winding yarn in to a ball would seem to be a difficult task to do
mechancally. You'd have to change the location of the wrapping point
frequently to achieve a ball.

However, if you only need the yarn wound in to spools, that's a much
simpler task. Simply tension the yarn and run a motor to reel it in.
When the spool gets to one end or the other, it will usually reverse
automatically.

Puckdropper