Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Grossbohlin John Grossbohlin is offline

Default Cherry Tray

Splayed tray made of cherry with hand-cut dovetails. It was a nasty piece of
wood to work with due to knots, worm holes, wane, bark inclusions, splits,
punky areas, and other characteristics of the rough sawn board... But the
grain and figure are nice...

My motivation was that I got tired of listening to the turners in my club
talking about the "firewood" they started with and how they had to use CA to
hold it together and 25 coats of lacquer to plasticize it to keep it
together... I figured I'd try a piece of firewood too. Took about 20-22
coats of BLO and wipe-on poly and about a half dozen coats of wax to get it
to look like this. ;~)

Attached Thumbnails
Cherry Tray-cherrytray12w-jpg  Cherry Tray-cherrytray05w-jpg  Cherry Tray-cherrytray06w-jpg