david

Default what's wrong with my saw?

Traves W. Coppock wrote in message

Got me for an answer to why this saw don't want to run,,,my question
is, how did you keep a sears saw running so long?
now, don't get me wrong,,,i am an avid sears owner, and im not
knocking them in any way.
after 20 years of "fairly rough use" i'd say its time to retire it to
the big tool chest in the sky, bite the bullet and spend another 100$
and get yourself a new one to make 20 more years of memories with

Do you mean they're not supposed to last 20 years? I'll have to let
my dad's old saw (it must be 30 years old by now) know when I get home
tonight.

I put a thin-kerf blade in last summer, and it was like having a new
saw for 8 bucks. The tail is held together with electrical tape, but
otherwise...

-David