MSH

Default screw holes in maple hardwood floor

more on the subject of filler popping

Wood floor filler generally loses its bond from movement, a loose board,
expansion and contraction, a nail beneath the filler moving, etc. Open
stable holes generally will stay. Good filler has good adhesion properties.

M Hamlin

"blue" wrote in message
om...
Thanks everyone for all the fantastic replies so far. It looks like
plugging the holes with a matching wood is the winning way to go. I've
got a couple of other ideas, can anyone tell me how they compare?

1. Use some sort of epoxy (sp?) with sawdust from the floor. I heard
that boat builder's often use this solution. I assume you'd still have
to drill the holes straight and perhaps in the end this still has the
chance of popping out?