blue

Default screw holes in maple hardwood floor

snip
careful [and the holes are perpendicular to the surface]. If the screws are
in an appropriate pattern, I might even consider using walnut dowels for a
pegged flooring look. harrym

Harry, the pegged flooring look is an awesome idea. It is too bad the
guy who put the screws in wasn't thinking of that. :-) On one slat we
have about 9 screw holes screwed in a crooked line, then the same idea
on a few more slats randomly throughout the room, except that the
number of holes isn't even consistent. The guy really wasn't all that
bright.

Does anyone have an idea of how long a job like this might take?
Assuming of course the correct tools and a competent individual doing
the job. My dad is under the impression it could take him up to 2 days
of work to get it done right (he is REALLY fussy!). If he's way out to
lunch on his estimate, and it is actually much shorter, I'll get him
to go ahead, else I might wait on it, as there are downstairs floors
to finish, new sub floor in the hallway to put in, kitchen cabinets to
install.....all before the weekend! Yikes!