Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Infrared transmission

What you are looking for is an IR repeater. They are readily available. You
may want to read and/or post questions on availability and brands on a forum
on www.remotecentral.com.

"Proch" wrote in message
I've wall mounted my plasma TV and now I don't want to have a piece of
furniture specifically to hold the 3 components that need to be near the
TV.

I was thinking about cutting/building a cubby in the wall, but that's a
pretty serious commitment.

Instead, I'd like to move the stuff into the room behind, and be able to
use my remote to control the cable box and such. Thus, I need to transmit
the IR through the wall. I don't really need the fancy ones that send the
IR over RF. I really just need a small receiver that i can stick on the
wall that has a short wire and a transmitter. Does anyone know where I
could get that? Or have any other idea?