Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lance Dyer Lance Dyer is offline

Default Help with my speakers!!!

This unit is a powered sub woofer. It has an amp build into it and the most
likely cause is that the amp that drives one of the speakers has a shorted
or leaky output transistor. It will need professional help to troubleshoot
the amp.

"rAgAv" wrote in message
Hello,

I've got a sub-woofer. It consists of a box with the controls in it
and two speakers.

Here -
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1206856195

The "box with the controls" has four ports in the rear. Two for input
and two for output.

The problem I'm facing is this - when I increase the volume, one of
the speakers starts giving some noise and there's very little music
from it. So, I get crisp music from one speaker and dead music and
some noise from the other. When I try to shake the wires that the box
is connected to, it sometimes solves the problem and other times, it
doesn't work. So, I think that the problem is with those wires.

I also tried swapping the speakers. The speakers are fine but the
problem is with the wires or the box. I don't know what to do...

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.