Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default How to handle telemarketers

Charley wrote:

One stupid company who was pitching "we can save you
interest on your credit cards" actually called me every week for
three weeks. I reported them each time, and now I haven't heard from
them in 3 months.

There's a notorious outfit in Florida that does that, usually calling itself
Card Member Services, their automated operator is usually Heather or
Jonathan, I've reported them to the FL AG, I've told them to remove my
number, I've strung them along on the phone, nothing has worked so far.
They people doing the calls don't care, they're being paid to collect sales
leads, that's it. Lately their staff seem better trained at recognizing and
hanging up on someone who is playing them, departing from their script in
any way now gets me a hang-up. The only thing that's really going to slow
them down is being hauled into court by the govt., and as the govt. in
Florida apparently has a history of happily turning a blind eye to scammers
and spammers that seems a faint hope.