Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default MDF vs. Hardboard

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:20:32 -0500, "The Davenport's"
wrote:

So...I need to make a cross cut sled and I have made them in the past using
tempered hardboard that was smooth on both sides...I'm having a very hard
time finding that stock now, altho I can find plenty of 1/4" MDF. SO...for a
sled, will MDF work out all right or should I keep looking for the tempered
hardboard?

Mike

Should work, keep it dry and it should last. Increase the number of
screws to hold it together. I made mine from cabinet-grade
ply--showing no signs of wear after 15 years of heavy use.