Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Back To Indexable Tooling(AXA)

"Searcher7" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 10:10 am, Wes wrote:
wrote:
What I really wanted to start with was the 16N, but there is no cigar
for second
place:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250227734204
(If it wasn't for the high bidder, I would have paid just over $60 for
it). :-(

Anyway, since most of my machining links went with the big PC crash of
2006, I was hoping that someone could direct me to some sites that
explain the characteristics and features of various indexable tooling.

I just have to learn more about it. :-)

http://www.aloris.com/pdfs/2006_Aloris_Catalog.pdf

Have you looked through their catalog? Link above.

Wes

I downloaded that catalog a week ago.

But what I'm looking for is a tutorial.

For example, where would I go online to read the definition(with
images) of what a negative rake is, and whatit does?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Your best bet for that and related questions is _Machinery's Handbook_, any
year. If you don't have a copy, drive over to the Perth Amboy Public
Library. They have one on their reference shelf. There's another one at the
New York Public Library's 96th St. Branch. Maybe your local library can get
it on a loan. (Call number is 621.802 M.)

If you have other questions of that order about machining, you'll find
_Machinery's Handbook_ to be a gold mine.

--
Ed Huntress