Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wet underfloor heating questions

John Stumbles wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:19:01 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Kingspan has ally foil on it. Its a moot point as to whether the cost of
adding more is worth the benefit. At this point I have no opinion.

Question is whether you can get a significant amount of heat into the
kingspan foil by just laying the pipes on top of them. Otherwise
you're likely to have hotspots (or hot lines) in the floor.

I've been minded to try making grooves in the top surface of kingspan,
laying bacofoil over it and pressing 10mm pipe into it to warm the floor
of my loo. Will brag about it when/if I get Round Tuit and if it works.

I definitely get hot spots even buried in 4" of screed.

Actually having pipes in an air mass under a suspended floor is probably
better to spread the heat,as micro convection will circulate the air around.